Chair Yoga Teacher Training
Time & Location
About the Event
A Yoga Alliance accredited training designed for yoga teachers, yoga teachers-in-training, yoga therapists, or anyone with students or clients who may have difficulty getting down on the floor due to age, body size, inflexibility, or physical limitations.
Chair yoga is an ideal way to create a welcoming and accessible space for anyone, in any body, to practice yoga. It is also a useful way to incorporate yoga into a classroom or therapeutic setting, or any place where sitting or lying on the floor may not be ideal.
Wellness/healthcare professionals, and non-yoga teachers are welcome. Anyone who has at least 20 hours of personal yoga experience can attend this training.
Participants will receive a training manual, a certificate, and are eligible to receive Yoga Alliance continuing education credits.
In this two-day training, participants will learn how to:
• Effectively plan and teach safe and transformative chair yoga classes
• Creatively adapt yoga poses to fit the needs of the students/different populations
• Discern student limitations and identify precautions and contraindications
• Incorporate meditation, breath work and relaxation techniques into any chair yoga class
• Bring all the joys and benefits of yoga to a wider variety of students/clients
About the Instructor:
Stacey Lubets is an E-RYT 500 (YACEP) yoga teacher and Yoga Alliance educator with specialized training in Chair Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, Y12SR, Curvy Yoga, Yoga for Eating Disorders, and Yoga for Emotional Health. Stacey has been teaching chair yoga classes for over 10 years in a variety of different settings and to many different populations including seniors, cancer patients, trauma survivors, and addiction/recovery populations. She created and developed this training in order to share her knowledge and experience with other teachers, and to make yoga more accessible and comfortable for all bodies.
Stacey currently teaches both traditional yoga and chair yoga classes in the Boston/Northshore area. For more information, visit www.staceyyoga.com or email Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $350 early registration (by October 1), $395 after October 1
- Chair Yoga Teacher Training$350+$8.75 Service fee$350+$8.75 Service fee0$0
- Chair Yoga Training$395+$9.88 Service fee$395+$9.88 Service fee0$0